Monday, August 6, 2012

More Musings from Childhood Friend

A Prayer from the Depths of my Heart (Dave Heavner) 4/14/96 Hello Jesus, my old friend, I've come to talk to You again. With Open arms that You might reach me, with open heart that You might teach me. But my tears, like silent raindrops fall; through it all, Echoes in the sound.....of silence. Through restless dreams I've walked alone; darkened streets that I have known. For me, Your love was yearning, but my stubborn head kept turning. But now, my Lord, I reach out for Your light that splits the night, I reach out to the sound.......of silence. I'm sorry Lord, I went astray; I used to walk in my own way, What was it I was seeking? What were the words that I was speaking? As I sought to fill that void inside; there was too much pride. I chased the wind......of silence. And though I now in confines be, I take a look back and I see, In my sins, Lord, I was dying, in my sorrows, I was crying, But, Lord, for me you died on Calvary, upon the tree, Upon Your cross....of silence. Now as I lay me down to sleep; I pray dear Lord, my soul to keep, But if I should die before You wake me, I pray dear Lord that You might take me, To a place where no more tears will fall; through it all, Take me in the the sound.....of silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment