Sunday, August 5, 2012

Musings From a Childhood Friend

Yet Will I Have Faith - David Lee Heavner 4/25/96 When they don't know what to tell me, when with my mind their games they play, when I get a different answer each and every day: yet will I have faith. When I while away the hours, wondering what is yet to be my fate, when all I want is information, but still they make me wait: yet will I have faith. When I stare out of my window on a bright and sunny day, when I close my eyes and travel to places very far away, when I pray for others yet for myself have nothing left to say: yet will I have faith. When the questions to the answers are as if yet unasked, when the actors in this play of life as of yet remain unmasked, when seeking truth in a world full of lies remains my greatest task: yet will I have faith. When the truth I've found in God above remains my primary source of love, when through this glass I darkly see the love and peace that waits for me, when in captivity I yearn to be free: yet will I have faith. ~This was written while he was sitting in a jail cell. Moonbeam Mountains ~David Lee Heavner 4/24/96 Moonbeam mountain is a place I used to go whenever I was lonely and needed nature's glow. In the gentle summer sunshine or the blazing shades of fall, up on moonbeam mountain, in peace I found it all. The moonlight played upon the pines at night as it cast its heavenly glow, and it really took my breath away when it danced on winter's snow. I always felt the Creator's presence there no matter where I went, and as I slept under the starry skies, His presence was my tent. Many fond memories I have of it, that spring up like a fountain; for a little part of me yet remains up on Moonbeam Mountain. I Love You (Dave Heavner) July 4, '96 Give me just a moment to tell you how I feel, for what I have to say to you from my heart I know is real. Give me one moment in time, my Love, when all my dreams come true; just a moment out of life, my Love, to spend my life with you. Give me the happiness that I thought I'd never find, for you're all I've ever dreamed of, and true love is never blind. You're the morning song within my heart, and my evening sunset's glow, you're the only rose in my garden of life, so won't you stay and grow? You're the stars that shine within my sky each night, and the sun that lights my day, you're the breeze that whispers in my ears so sweetly and the trees that gently sway. So give me just a moment and now I'll say to you how I feel in just 5 words: My Darling, I love you! ~I was going through some old letters and came across some thoughts and poetry by this childhood friend and thought maybe it would be of interest to some of my friends to read these thoughts. If not, well, it gave me more practice typing! I burned a few calories just exercising my fingers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment